As you all know this is a massively challenging time. Thanks for bearing with us while we have been speaking to government bodies, Councils, Police, national park and landowners. Its been one hell of a slog.
Good news first we will be racing on the 15th & 16th Aug 2020 !!
But there is a venue swap from Triscombe to Minehead (20mins down the road) The reason for this is Triscombe is a Forestry Commission site and since CV19 they have seen a massive increase in the numbers of visitors they are getting. At this stage they aren’t comfortable with running events at their venues. Good news is we are using a private venue in Minehead so the general public won’t be an issue.
We will also be changing the format a bit and have the usual cv19 restrictions we are all getting used to. We will put together detailed email for the racers on what, why and why but here are the highlights:
- 2m social distancing rules
- Private venue in Minehead, Somerset.
- Racing sat and sun with staggered start times, so no practice.
- Racing 10 stages over the 2 days, some will be the same stage on Saturday as on Sunday.
- limited camping – no locals and stay on site as much as possible.
- Limited spectators – Friends and family (only if necessary)
- Parking – we have a big field so space out.
- Limited rider numbers to under 300 (so we are almost sold out)
- Stay in Social bubbles.
- Extra loos and spaced apart.
- No Prize giving on the day – Prizes will be posted out after the event.
- Results will be available online for Saturday and Sunday both evenings.
- One-way system for sign on with a verbal sign on process.
- Online riders briefing
- LUL-MED will be our onsite Medical Team.
- Action Sports Timing will be timing the event.
- God Save the Bean will be providing on site Refreshments.
- No beer tent 🙁
- Dual Slalom is cancelled and we will issue a full refund.
Minehead 15th & 16th Aug 2020
- 08:30 Saturday Parking open
- 08:30 till 14:00 Sign-on
- 09:00 till 14:00 Saturday Staggered start.
- 11:30 till 16:00 Saturday Staggered finish.
- 17:00 Sunday Site clear of Participants (apart from the limited camping in family groups only)
- 09:00 till 14:00 Sunday Staggered start.
- 11:30 till 16:00 Sunday Staggered finish.
- 17:00 Sunday Site clear of Participants.
The race will have full social distancing measures in place aligned with government guidelines.
Full event details will be emailed out to participants, marshals and sponsors over the next couple of weeks.
If there is any tickets left sign up HERE, if not email email@example.com for the reserve list.
One last thing, we really need marshals! We need 10 more please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you or a relative can marshal please. £40 per day or 2 free race entries to any of the remaining 3 races this year.
Thanks everyone in this tough time
Scott and the rest of the Southern Enduro Team