As you all know this is a massively challenging time. Thanks for bearing with us while we have been speaking to government bodies, Councils, Police, national park and landowners. Its been one hell of a slog.
Good news first we will be racing the National Champ on the 24th & 25th July 2021 !!
The tickets go on Sale on this Saturday(1st May) at 08:00.
Unfortunately we don’t have access to Forestry Commission land around Minehead, since CV19 they have seen a massive increase in the numbers of visitors they are getting. At this stage they aren’t comfortable with running events at their venues. Good news is we are using a private venue in Minehead so the general public won’t be an issue.
We will also be changing the format a bit and have the usual cv19 restrictions we are all getting used to. We will put together detailed email for the racers on what, why and why but here are the highlights:
- 2m social distancing rules
- Private venue in Minehead, Somerset.
- Racing sat and sun with staggered start times, so no practice.
- Racing 12 stages over the 2 days, some will be the same stage on Saturday as on Sunday.
- Camping – In family groups.
- Limited spectators – Friends and family (only if necessary)
- Parking – we have a big field so space out.
- Stay in Social bubbles and rule of 6.
- Extra loos and spaced apart.
- Results will be available online for Saturday and Sunday both evenings.
- One-way system for sign on with a verbal sign on process.
- Online riders briefing
- LUL-MED will be our onsite Medical Team.
- Action Sports Timing will be timing the event.
- God Save the Bean will be providing on site Refreshments.
- No beer tent at this stage.
- Mashup Enduro on Saturday for beginners and not Champs racers.
Minehead 24th & 25th July 2021
- 18:00 Friday Camping open
- 08:30 Saturday Parking & Camping open
- 08:30 till 14:00 Sign-on
- 09:00 till 12:30 Saturday Mashup Enduro.
- 10:00 till 14:00 Saturday Champs Enduro Staggered start.
- 11:30 till 15:30 Saturday Champs Enduro Staggered finish.
- 18:00 Sunday Site clear of Participants (apart from the campers)
- 08:30 till 12:30 Sunday Champs Enduro Staggered start.
- 12:00 till 16:00 Sunday Champs Enduro Staggered finish.
- 17:00 Sunday Site clear of all Participants.
The race will have full social distancing measures in place aligned with government guidelines.
Full event details will be emailed out to participants, marshals and sponsors in the run up to the event.
One last thing, we really need marshals! We need 10 more please email [email protected] if you or a relative can marshal please. £40 per day or free entry from riders in the race.
Thanks everyone in this tough time
Scott and the rest of the Southern Enduro Team