Enduro is a multi-stage race balanced between downhill and cross country taking in gravity-based content from natural lines to man-made trails. Transitions link all the stages together making it a good community experience throughout the day.
We run grassroots events aimed at getting people into the sport as well as catering for the more experienced riders.
For 2016 all the southern enduro venues will be in the South East of England and all-around an hour from London.
- Elite male age 18+
- Senior male age 18-29
- Master male age 30-39
- Veteran male age 40-49
- Supers Veteran male age 50+
- Grand Veteran male age 60+
- FUN male age 18+ for riders starting out in enduro and less experienced racers
- U14s male – rider must be in the year of their 10th, 11th, 12th or 13th birthday.
- U16s male – rider must be in the year of their 14th or 15th birthday.
- U18s male – rider must be in the year of their 16th or 17th birthday.
- Female elite 18+
- Senior female age 18-29
- Master female age 30-39
- Veteran female age 40+
- FUN female age 18+ for riders starting out in enduro and less experienced racers
- U14s female – rider must be in the year of their 10th, 11th, 12th or 13th birthday.
- U18s female – rider must be in the year of their 14th, 15th, 16th or 17th birthday.
- Ebike male – Bikes must not be unrestricted
- Ebike male vets 40+ – Bikes must not be unrestricted
- Ebike male vets 50+ – Bikes must not be unrestricted
- Ebike female – Bikes must not be unrestricted
- Hardtails age 18+ including Fat bikes and fully rigid.
There are 4 timed stages which will be added together for an aggregate time which will decide the winner in each category.
All stages will be taped and signed where race organizers deem appropriate. Taping will leave suitable line choice where available but will not allow for any significant ‘cutting’ of the race track.
All stages will be around a mile long and around 80-100m elevation drop. Estimated stage times are out 3 to 6 minutes long.
On the online entry system, there will be a self-seeding tab. 1 to 5, 1 being fastest and 5 being slowest.
We will email them out on the Wednesday of the race week, they will also be posted on this website.
If riders don’t make their start times they will be slotted in 15seconds after the next rider or when ready to start the stage. The clock will not start until you cross the line.
We will mark out transition stages between race stages and a set time to reach next stage, the transition time is based on using a full link, riders are requested to use transition stage (No short cuts). It is important to use the transition stage as we can trace riders in case of emergency or injury.
A: You can wear an open-face or full-face helmet, a helmet must be worn at all times when on your bike, both on transitions and stages.
The Enduro can be done on any bike as long Bike must be of a sound mechanical state and have no electronically or mechanically assisted motors. We recommend 100 to 160mm HT or 120mm to 160mm FS
Stages must be contested on the same bike. Bar-end plugs or equivalent must be fitted.
A: We recommended ride all the stages In the morning practice session, you practice the stage as much as you like in the allotted time.
A: No, We will be taping the tracks on Saturday And Friday afternoon, if you see any taped areas before practice stars feel free to have a look but don’t ride them. We do not want to be run over while marking out the course!
A: Yes each race will follow this format:
08:30 – Marshals’ briefing
08:45 – Riders’ briefing
09:00 – Start of practice
11:45 – End of practice
12:00 – Race Start at Race Village
16:00/16:30 – Results, Prizegiving and Raffle
Times could differ slightly depending on the venues
A: Yes: There will be a Vendor on site providing food and drinks. We advised bringing plenty of water with you as there are no taps onsite.
A: Refunds for each event can be processed. There will be an admin charge of -20% of the entry fee. No refunds or name swaps within 10 days of Race/Events.
If you would like to transfer your entry to a friend, or to another Southern Enduro race you will need to email the details to the event organiser at [email protected]