UPDATED – QECP 2023 Riders Briefing
Southern Enduro South East Rd3 – 16th July 2023 – Headdown woodland, Buriton, Petersfield GU31 5SN
This is your riders briefing as there will not be one on the day.
- The area where the race village is situated has patchy phone reception, please bring cash for the food, coffee, merchandise etc…
- There is a weather warning for high winds Saturday evening, this drops on Sunday so won’t affect the race. We will inspect the course after the high winds bit if you spot any tape down in practice please inform a marshal and we will get it repaired.
- Its important that you start from the race village and be set off at your start time by the race village start marshal, not at your cars or the top of the hill this is extremely important so we know who is on the course. If this keeps happening we will have to start adding time penalties.
Some Race rules reminders:
No re-runs for mechanicals or crashes.
No derestricted E-bikes
No assisting other riders to the top of the hills with E-bikes
All riders must start in their categories and at the race village not their cars or the top of the hill.
Full rules HERE
General Site Rules:
Parking – Listen to instructions from the parking marshal.
Only put toilet roll down the toilets. Keep the toilets tidy and rubbish free.
Please take all your rubbish home with you.
Please follow all on-site safety signs.
LUL-MED will be our onsite Medical Team.
Action Sports Timing will be timing the event.
We have on site Refreshments, a coffee van and a Burger van.
– Arrive on site and park up with lots of space around you.
– Go to sign on and verbally sign on and get your number
board via the one-way system.
– Then get your timing chip via the one-way system.
– At your start time after morning practice, you will be set-off
from the race village. Please queue in number order.
– Then follow the transition to get to stage 1, again at stage 1
the marshal sets you off in 20sec gaps.
– Flow the same process for the next 3 stages.
– The 4th and final stage on Sunday will end where you started at the
– The prize giving on the day will be after the race has finished.
– Prizes for top 3 riders in each category will be
collected at the prize giving.
– You can keep your number board but you need to return
you timing chip to the timing trailer/tent. If you don’t return your chip,
you won’t get a result and be charged to replace it.
-Final results will be available online after the last racer hands in their timing chip.
E-bikes will do an extra stage at this round. They will do stage 4 twice this will be their 5th stage and count towards the overall time. They will ride the stage at the end after they have done the complete loop of the 4 stages.
There will be a one-way system for sign on with a verbal sign on process.
Give your name & category and you will be handed your number board. If you can remember you number in the start list this will speed up sign-on.
Next the one-way system will direct you to the timing chip trailer. Say your race number and you will be handed your timing chip.
That is sign on complete.
Photographers will need to go to sign on to give their name and number so we know you are on site.
Rider start list: HERE
09:00 till 11:30 Practice.
11:30 till 16:00 Race.
17:00 Site clear of Participants.
If anything is unclear, please email [email protected] however we will be on site from 14th July so we will struggle to answer emails after that date.
Print/Save/Screenshot these instructions so you have a handy guide while you are at the event.
Scott and the Southern Enduro team.